MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post subject: got an X-power
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 pm 
E-4 Corporal

Well I picked up an x-power to do some side by side comparisons with some of the APS .43 range (moded AK and M4) well on initial inspection its alot better than the first run of R-series markers with anodised parts and barrel, the threading is alot cleaner on parts and I would say looking at the construction value alot better with higher spec metals , although the new R-31 from APS is in better shaper with a built in RAS and g36 pistol grip and adonised parts also.

One thing to note is RAP-4 has made its own shells, so the shells used in the normal .43 marker range will not work in the X-power, they also appear to have a lip (that is very hard to spot) this maybe why some user's I know are reporting jaming issues and the ejection deforms the shells so they are not reusable.

I will do some real world testing on the weekend (hopefully) and have some results and opinions later.....if anyone is interested

Post subject: Re: got an X-power
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:26 pm 
E-7 SFC

wait...so is the x power all rap4?
or did APS do it?
and i would love to hear how it performs

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 pm 
E-4 Corporal

googledotcom24 wrote:
wait...so is the x power all rap4?
or did APS do it?
and i would love to hear how it performs

yes the x-power is all RAP-4, actually they have done a few things that I tried with my APS AK a few years back (and dropped as they are a PITA to work on).

APS is bringing out a new R31 that loosk pretty good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:28 pm 
E-7 SFC

whats the r31?

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 pm 
E-4 Corporal

googledotcom24 wrote:
whats the r31?

APS new generation m4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:10 pm 
Colonel

Looking forward to your review, Kiwi. I'm curious to how much better the X-power performs? And i'm also curious about how well the built in hop up works?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 pm 
E-7 SFC

hmm.
sounds interesting.
if only there was a group that played mag fed around here.

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:29 pm 
E-8 1SG

if only .43 cal was played anywhere around me. I have always wanted a mag fed marker that actually had casings that would eject like the real deal.

http://www.ironmikesmx.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:11 am 
E-4 Corporal

well took the x-power out today, put a couple of hundred rounds through it, once i have given a full report to my "sponser" then I will tell you my experince with it, I can however say that the hop up does work!.........................but that is far from case closed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:39 am 
Colonel

kiwi wrote:
well took the x-power out today, put a couple of hundred rounds through it, once i have given a full report to my "sponser" then I will tell you my experince with it, I can however say that the hop up does work!.........................but that is far from case closed.

Thanks for the tease, Kiwi :lol: :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:50 am 
E-8 1SG

ok so im looking around to see whats out there for .43 cal markers and all I come up with is Crap4 stuff. does any one else make the .43 cal markers?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:36 pm 
E-6 SSG

Rap4 does not make any .43 cal markers (unless they now make the New x power)

I believe the MP5, ak47, and M4 are made by APS and the handguns are made by Urimax, but i could be mistaken. I am not sure who makes the T16 (Mag fed .43 cal rifle that does not use shell casings)

Mersey Road
Ebay

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitmanPaintball

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 pm 
E-4 Corporal

yeah sorry guys I have no idea if this is comercially sensitive so untill I see "my man" I cant really say anything.

APS makes all of the .43 guns even the pistols (some are made under contract for the German market the DE is an example).
The X-POWER is a RAP4 marker but I am assume its made under contract (possibly in the same factory as all the other .43 markers as it looks to me like all paint guns in China are made in one place, they have a large range of .43 markers that are direct copies of well proven platforms, the tippman prolite/called the NGK in China, actually I had a buch of these in .68 call, the VM68,nasty=double barrel .68 call vm clone, they also make a range od .68 call semi pistols that look like......well nothing I have ever seen ) the x-power is much like I said in another post when I speculated on construction is a blend (a polite way of saying b*strd love child) of a T-68 stacked tube blow back and .43 launch chamber, which is actually something me and friend of mine where looking at when we modded a BT to .43 but I think I may have a better idea for a closed system.....but enough about me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:51 pm 
E-8 1SG

I try doing a search for .43 cal markers and the only thing that keeps popping up are rep4 branded. I cant seem to find one for sale that doesn't say its a rap or are just different links to the rap sight. Are they the only venue to buy a .43 in the US?

Ive kept hearing that the rap stuff isnt any good but if their selling someone elses doesnt that mean that the whole line regardless who sells them are crap. tell me if im wrong hear.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 pm 
E-4 Corporal

ok so here is the basic run down on the X-POWER, dont bother~!
yes the hop up works (but is very dificult to get at, adjutment is via a 0.5mm ALLAN key you also need a torch to see it even in bright day light it can not be changed on the fly) I could put shots out to 90 meters heck it would go further with great sweeping arcs, I set it to around 60meters which kept the fire flatish or a minimun of an arc at that adjustment the FPS was around 340 for most shots (the only way to run it at 400 fps was to have the back spin turned off) at that range and speed breaks are never going to happen, and as the barrel is still a standard 11mm ID it acts extactley like a standard .43 shell eject gun.
The big down side (apart from cost which I hear is substantial) is the issue with jamming on average a mag had 7 jams, this was I found because the shells are not straight through but have a bevelled edge with trial and error I found that the number of jams could be reduced by placing the bevelled edge to the back of the mag, this reduced jams to maybe 1-2 a mag, the shells could be ejected by re-cocking the T handle but you only had one chance to do this and those of a slighter build my not be able to force the cocking handle back.
If this was 5 years development then they need to go back and do another 5 years 1/2 the ideas I have tried myself on my AK in the last 12-24 months and I have a few more to try out as well, apart from the hop up I which we have done to out own APS guns the X-POWER is a waste of space.