MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Share Topic:
 Post subject: Re: paintball equipment, whole kit, NEED HEEEEEEEEELP!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:06 pm 
E-7 SFC

Quote:
first of all, i wanna thank you for your time and responses. now, i came up with some more questions:

1) what is the point of taking a whole set of barrels? i mean that all the barrels of the set have the same bore diameter, the only that changes is the length. isn't it so?
for some people they have different barrel sets to just have different length barrels, but if you know what you are doing the reason you have a barrel set is to have different back sizes (the first part of the barrel). The different backs have different bore sizes which allows you to match the paintballs you are playing with to your barrel, giving you the greatest amount of accuracy.

2) is it better to use big-diameter barrels, and so bigger balls, or should i buy a small-diameter with smaller balls?
it really doesnt matter as long as whatever paintball you are using fits your barrel

3) ceramic barrels, are made from ceramic materials and so they are rust-resistant and minimum affected by temperature variations, or the terms "ceramic" is just a name?
the reason they are ceramic is because if a paintball breaks in your barrel, if its a ceramic barrel you can just shoot the pant left in the barrel out. basically it acts like a barrel swab but is much quicker. thats what they advertise anyways. in reality, the clean out the barrels to a point, but nothing will beat a good swab.

4) plz don't forget to mention the weight of any marker that you suggest (if you know it), or give me exact hyperlinks with all the specifications of the marker (if possible)
honestly, most MILSIM guns will be decently heavy. my milsim marker is close to ten pounds (i believe). most speedball guns will be MUCH lighter than milsim guns and offer more mobility. a marker that is both of those would be the BT TM7 (it is based of an mp7). honestly though, i would stay away from electronic markers for your first paintball gun though. they are easy to mess up if you do the wrong thing.

thanx again,

angelo

from what it sounds like you want a light set up that is somewhat MILSIM and keeps the hopper out of the way. i would get either a tippmann a5 and customize it to your like (an mp5 style is cheap and light) or you can get a tippmann alpha black and get a cyclone hopper for it. both would give you decently light set ups and have the hopper out of the way. those would be my suggestion to you as a new player.

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:59 am 
E-1 Private

"from what it sounds like you want a light set up that is somewhat MILSIM and keeps the hopper out of the way."

that's exactly what i am looking for, plus durability. actually,i was thinking to buy a Tippmann Alpha Black, which is cheap enough, so i can afford additional barrels. the budget for my marker was about 350$, but i had never thought i would need extra barrels. if the alpha black is lightweight, think i will end up to it, as i've been told tippmann markers are durable and reliable. but there are many alpha black models, which is confusing. i 'll come up with more questions, if i finally decide to buy that one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 pm 
E-7 SFC

get a tippmann alpha black tactical and a cyclone hopper to go with it.
i dont know how good the stock barrel is and honestly you dont really need a barrel set.
they are just nice things to have if you have the extra cash.

anybody know a good cheap barrel that works with the ABT?

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:59 pm 
E-6 SSG

googledotcom24 wrote:
anybody know a good cheap barrel that works with the ABT?

A 98C threaded barrel, a Palmers Brass Barrel is a good choice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:54 am 
E-7 SFC

As for a M16 replica paintball gun, I'm sure you can get a Alpha Black:
http://www.usmilitarygear.com/products.php?cat=532

Or a BT:
http://www.usmilitarygear.com/proddetai ... T-4ASSAULT

You can just buy a mag superately and mount it on and your good to go! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:37 am 
E-1 Private

So, Tippmann Alpha Black Tactical it is.Now, it's going to have a mechanical trigger. does this provide full auto charge? is it better to buy a mechanical trigger with response? should i buy a marker with E-grip? I mean, does it worth the upgrade to e-trigger? and as it comes to barrels, what do you finally propose?

A 98C threaded barrel, a Palmers Brass Barrel. J&J ceramic or some kind of barrels kit? remember, it must be silent and accurate, i am a serpentine kind of fighter :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 am 
E-6 SSG

I wouldnt choose a barrel until you get the marker and fire it, see how she works and if you even want to replace the barrel. The e-grip version of the AB is usually around 169 and the normal marker is usually 129 if I remember right. Prolly worth the $40 dollars at the start then getting the regular marker and upgrading it later for $80 more. Real M16's only have safe, semi and 3rnd burst anyways unless the new A3 is different but I dont see why they would have changed that, thats what the SAW is for. I love the idea of goin full auto but I find more satisfaction for being responsible for every round fired as apposed to a ton of rounds down range.

On a side note that you all may or may not know, the US military changed from the full auto M16A1 to the Semi M16A2 because it cost soo much money in ammo during the vietnam war if memory serves me right.

"Not as mean, not as lean but still a Marine"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:36 pm 
E-1 Private

yeah, that's true, the americans invented the three round burst shot during the vietnam war. but to upgrade an Alpha Black to electronic trigger, costs more than the marker itself. does a so cheap marker worth a so expensive upgrade? i could sell it, add the money for upgrading to e-trigger and buy a much better one... so, is it a good investment giving +40$, to be able to give 80$ more in the future for such a marker? anyway, the first trigger will be mechanical. does this allow full auto mode? should i get a trigger with, or without response?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:42 pm 
E-6 SSG

if yer gunna go e-grip with the Alpha, just buy the e-grip model and save $40 in the long run. As far as the response grip, I have heard people say that if you get good with it and find the sweet spot with it there is no need to go e-grip. When you find the right spot its full auto.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:25 am 
E-7 SFC

personally...
full auto is over rated
i have guns capable of it and i ALWAYS use single shot.
saves paint and i personally think full auto unnecessary.
i would go with a tippmann alpha black tactical.
get a cyclone hopper so it will be mounted on the side.
wait for the barrel, you might like it just fine.
no barrel will make that gun silent.
blowback markers are loud by nature and you cant change that.
the ABT uses a tippmann 98c barrel so they should be widely available.
i dont know if the handguard will still fit but im sure you could easily mod it.
personal favorite barrel is a J&J ceramic.

anything else?

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:33 am 
E-7 SFC

oh and if you ARE getting an ABT
www.alphablackforum.com
should be a good place for info on it

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:01 am 
E-1 Private

"no barrel will make that gun silent". now why did you have to say that? silence is one of the most important characteristics for my gameplay.. i do not really need full auto mode, but i need silence. i know the tip of shooting only once, so my position is not given out accurately, but i think using this technique with a silent marker would be awesome. Now, if ABT will never be a silent one, could you probably suggest something alike and not too expensive (up to 300$ if there is no need for extra barrels)?

p.s.: i want you to know that you broke my world with what you said. if you wanna finsish me out, tell me there is no santa-claus... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:29 am 
Colonel

The quietest barrel I have used (blowback, stacked blowback, electro) is a J&J ceramic. And about Santa..ummm...yeah! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:34 am 
E-6 SSG

lmao Muttly. Silence is for the weak! Conflict is about shock and awe and crushing the morale of the enemy troops with fear! Silence is for Recon/Snipers and Simon & Garfunkel. LMAO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am 
Colonel

The TAB will never be silentn cause of the way she works, blow backs are not silent...
The most quiet gun can get at a low price would be an ion/sp8 and probably the sp1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next