MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Share Topic:
 Post subject: Re: paintball equipment, whole kit, NEED HEEEEEEEEELP!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:54 pm 
E-1 Private

"Conflict is about shock and awe and crushing the morale of the enemy troops with fear!"

Yeah, the real fear is when you don't know where your teammate was hit from, and where are you are going to be hit from, cause you are the next!! :evil: :twisted:

...i feel like going in circles.. we turned down the sp-8, and now it's back in track. To hell with it all, i am going to buy an ABT with cyclone. Now, is there any mechanical trigger which provides semi AND full auto modes? if not, should i buy a semi or a full auto mechanical trigger? The most possible thing is that i will be using a really small hopper, but a 200 balls one, is not out of the question yet...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:49 pm 
E-7 SFC

there are no mechanical triggers that offer full auto unless you want to get a response trigger.

and as to your silence dilemma, blowback markers will be loud no matter what you do.
if you want a silent marker you will HAVE to get a electro pneumatic marker such as the vibe/sp1 or ion.
another type of marker that is quiet are pump guns but i dont think you want that.

i have a vibe with a j&j and it is VERY quiet.
it just isnt milsim.

from what it sounds like you want a ABT and an sp1 to have a baby.
i would love that as well.
sp1s have selectable fire and are quiet, are very reliable, and are decently milsim.
you could go for that if you want.

sorry for the confusion i just dont want you wasting money on a product you will not be happy with

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:00 am 
E-1 Private

yea, i've thought about sp-1, but it's in the same category with sp-8, plus it looks like sh*t.. they are both electric and as you guys told me, an electric marker is not good for being my first one. I have also noticed that the semi/auto choice is placed inside the grip and i need tools to reach it. that's useless to me. does anybody know if there is any marker with external firing mode options (switches, knobs, etc)? does a response trigger provide many firing modes, or it is prefixed to semi only or auto only? One more question i have (and i think it's the last one) is pressure. I see markers indicated as "low pressure marker". what's the difference between low pressure and high pressure ones? is ABT a low pressure marker?

and here's something interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pydChHnL9Y and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oa39P4N-ik no more nasty Q-loaders 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:50 am 
Generals

The ABT and all Tippmanns are going to be High pressure. The response trigger will not have firing modes and works on excess gas utilizing a piston to bounce the trigger back. The RT works fine, but it does take practice to get it down pat. I had one for awhile on my 98c and I found it near impossible to dial the sweet spot in on the RT while on the move, running, etc.
Good luck with whichever you choose :thumbsup:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm 
E-1 Private

Quote:
yea, i've thought about sp-1, but it's in the same category with sp-8, plus it looks like sh*t.. they are both electric and as you guys told me, an electric marker is not good for being my first one. I have also noticed that the semi/auto choice is placed inside the grip and i need tools to reach it. that's useless to me. does anybody know if there is any marker with external firing mode options (switches, knobs, etc)? does a response trigger provide many firing modes, or it is prefixed to semi only or auto only? One more question i have (and i think it's the last one) is pressure. I see markers indicated as "low pressure marker". what's the difference between low pressure and high pressure ones? is ABT a low pressure marker?

and here's something interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pydChHnL9Y and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oa39P4N-ik no more nasty Q-loaders 8)

Do the low pressure markers have any advantages in comparison with the high pressure ones?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:45 pm 
E-6 SSG

not really, low pressure are always speedball guns unless you mod yer milsim if I am not mistaken. Speedball guns only need below 500psi and most milsim need around 800psi, thats the difference. I'm sure I will get corrected but I think I am pretty close.

"Not as mean, not as lean but still a Marine"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:28 pm 
Colonel

They do have advantages... Less sound report, less gas usage, less kick, better consistency because low pressure markers always have their own regulators, this is what comes to mind right now..
There are already at least 3 markers on the milsim market that are milsim out of the box:
the Smart parts SP8, the BT TM7 and the Bob Long TacMarc(this last one is way expensive)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:50 pm 
E-8 1SG

my ion and my autococker are setup as low presure systems. the ion runs at 175 psi and the cocker at 225 psi to kroni in at 280 fps. my 98c, US5 and my mags will run between 600 to 1000 psi at 280 fps.

I played a full day at a scenario with the Ion and only used 1 tank of air. (my tank is a 114/45). with the 98, US5 and emag i would use alot more air in the same game.

http://www.ironmikesmx.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:04 am 
E-7 SFC

the sp1 and vibe have external switches to change modes.
its a button and when you press it it goes from single shot to burst to full auto.
anything else that has that will be MUCH more expensive.

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 am 
E-1 Private

so, i think alpha black tactical it is... the only other choice is sp1, but it's tricky as it comes to maintenance and durability. now, will you help me specify what extras do i need? i am thinking of:

1) response trigger, to have full auto mode when i find the sweet spot.

2) cyclone feed, because it's fast, doesn;t need batteries and most importantly it's low profile

3) 4500 psi HPA tank, because HPA is a better option than CO2 and it contains more air, that's a necessity for blowbacks

i do not want the air tank mounted on my marker. what extra items are needed to carry it on by back? i don't know what the "drop forward" system really does. do i need one? should i buy an additional barrel right from the start, or the stock barrel is good enough (silent and accurate) so there is no need for something else? can all barrels be attached on a Tippmann alpha black (i am specially talking about the "palmer brass", "98c threaded" and "j&j ceramic"). finally, what is the difference between ABT and bt4, X7 or A5 that makes their prices differ so much?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:58 am 
E-7 SFC

if you want to shoot fast, get a response trigger.
definitely get a cyclone feed
definitely get HPA if you have access to it
definitely get a new barrel (it needs to be 98c threaded, i would suggest a j&j ceramic barrel)
you do not need a drop forward
you DO need a vest/pod pack that will allow you to carry the air tank on your back
with the afore mentioned pack, you will need a remote like that allows you to connect the tank on your back your marker.

differences in all the markers you lister are honestly minimal.
honestly i think it comes down to newest marker, and fancier marker (best x7, then a5, then, ABT and bt4 are equal)

good luck.

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 am 
E-7 SFC

I think everyone's got the bases on pretty much everything covered, but I have a tiny tidbit to add. HPA has come down in price, significantly. Three different 'types' are steel, aluminum, and fiber-wrapped, from heaviest to lightest. The only required expenses that HPA tanks have after purchase is the re-hydrotesting that needs to be done. This just ensures that the bottle is still safe to use.

Steel tanks have a 24 year life and should be tested every 3 years. Aluminum tanks have an unlimited life, and as long as the hydrotest certifies that the bottle is safe, they are good to go. Fiber-wrapped bottles have a life of 15 years and most should be tested every 3 years. (Some every five, depending on the bottle.)

The aluminum or steel bottles are far cheaper than the fiber-wrapped bottles. I prefer aluminum because despite the weight, it'll last forever as long as it passes the hydrotest and it'll always gonna be in a tank-holder on my back. I purchased a 72 CI 3000PSI HPA bottle for about $75.00 USD. Just yesterday, I saw a 48/3000 Bottle from Guerrilla Air for about $40.00, and a 62/3000 for about $58.00. Using Froogle.com, and searches such as "48 3000 hpa" or "72 3000 hpa" give good results. Insert your desired size as you see fit.

So, if you have HPA filling available in your area or at your favored fields, and have a bit of extra money, I'd go for it.

Next, as far as carrying the air on your back, it depends on whether or not you get a vest, pod-pack, or something else. There's a great thread here on the forum. Here it is: Vest Pics and Info For example, when I run with Q-Loader (or pods,) I use a Flurry Ultraback Emissary as seen here. If you want more info, a Google search for "paintball tactical vest" will show you a lot of options and will go a long way to displaying how you can carry air on your back and paint on your person.

Good luck! I hope I was able to help some.

"I am the greatest that humanity has to offer, and the lowest." - Fatman
Gix's SO wrote:
Don't explode the Internet!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm 
E-7 SFC

Just a random thought.

Setup a gas blowback to work similar to the Evil Omen; with a closing bolt etc. Now setup traditional-style auto-sear with disconnect. Weight the bolt/hammer properly and do a few other timing operations and I'd imagine one could get a good mechanical select-fire auto.

Cue the elevator music.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:36 pm 
E-1 Private

really nice! now i have a better idea of what to buy. :) as it comes to the aluminum tanks, EmperorGix spoke only for 3000 psi. aren't there any 4500 psi aluminum tanks? what is the number before the "3000" (48/3000, 62/3000, 72/3000)? i suppose the bigger this number is, the more air the tank can hold? is it better to have a 3000 tank or a 4500? apart from the tank and the remote, are there any other parts i have to buy, to get the air into my marker (i mean regulators etc), or everything is included?

HipboyScott wrote:
Just a random thought.

Setup a gas blowback to work similar to the Evil Omen; with a closing bolt etc. Now setup traditional-style auto-sear with disconnect. Weight the bolt/hammer properly and do a few other timing operations and I'd imagine one could get a good mechanical select-fire auto.

it's all chinese to me! :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:14 pm 
Colonel

its cubic inches...
47CI= 0.8 liters
68= 1.1 liters
98= 1.5 liters

...more or less

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next