MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Share Topic:
 Post subject: Could this be the future of Milsim?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 pm 
E-6 SSG

It's rather expensive right now, but if the prices drop and the weapons are improved, would everyone approve or disapprove of this? Pros and Cons please...

[youtube]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-BNldmDAE4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-BNldmDAE4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

for more info visit: http://www.battlefieldlive.com.au/

Post subject: Re: Could this be the future of Milsim?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:22 pm 
E-7 SFC

i never liked laser tag.
no pain = not realistic

thanks!
jared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:02 am 
E-6 SSG

No Pain or Fear of Being Hit = Everyone Becomes Rambo :rail: .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:04 am 
Generals

Highly stylized promo vid that in the end doesn't provide the realistic aspect of being hit by a projectile.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 am 
E-1 Private

Boring with now pain. A little electro shock to go with a hit and maybe. Personally I would rather see something more along the lines of really accurate paint ammo. With real range to it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 am 
E-7 SFC

Yeah, the real excitement of paintball is being able to hear and see the rounds striking all around you, creating that sense of tension when you're under fire. If lasers were the future of this sport, they'd have already taken over... laser tag has been around almost equally as long as paintball, perhaps longer, and yet---- how many more paintball facilities do you see than lasertag?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 am 
Generals

I remember at Fulda hugging the ground as PB's went over my head. You could clearly hear the whistle as they split the air. You can't replicate that with a buzzer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:02 am 
E-6 SSG

SRTsniper wrote:
I remember at Fulda hugging the ground as PB's went over my head. You could clearly hear the whistle as they split the air. You can't replicate that with a buzzer.

It gets interesting when you take cover and listen to them pass by your head and then you teammates shoot them just above you head back. Listening to them both pass inches from you head, I'd like to see some buzzers that can replicate that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:17 am 
E-7 SFC

The Ghost Recon sound effects are a nice touch tho.

that game was awesome.

Cue the elevator music.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:40 am 
Lieutenants

It may well be the future of military simulations. I am not crazy about it. I mean I like paintball. I got in paiantball to shoot paint.

Its not my thing, but I can see the appeal. Field owners could promote this and have it for say parties. Like your businesses and church groups that sort of thing...

I just like sending rounds down range.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am 
E-4 Corporal

Hmm, interesting, looks like MILES meets FATS for civilians, but as others have said it lacks several elements that make paintball so intense.

Only thing I can say I love about it is the lack of having paint residue in one's clothing, gun, and web gear!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:57 am 
E-5  SGT

I have played laser tag competitively and although it is still fun, it is nothing compared to paintball. You get the people running around spinning to make sure that the beam does not make clean contact on a sensor and all of a sudden it is like being in a kindergarten with a bunch of twirling children. As with everything else, it can be ruined by the players but, paintball is a lot harder to ruin.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:46 am 
E-6 SSG

I worked at a laser tag place when I was 16 for a summer job. The staff would play everyday after work and we found many ways to cheat the system. Most people play it with no tactics involved as they just run around randomly shooting the laser guns. There was actually a large amount of injuries as our place was an indoor place and the lights were always off so the players can see the beam. There's no adrenaline rush like having a 3g projectile coming at you. In my opinion, laser tag is for kids.

http://www.milsig.com
Corporate
http://www.milsig.ca/store
North America
http://www.milsig.eu
Europe

PRECISION PREMIUM PAINTBALL PRODUCTS FOR THE ELITE MILSIM PAINTBALL PLAYER

Last edited by MILSIG on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:59 am 
E-7 SFC

KnightCat wrote:
...You get the people running around spinning to make sure that the beam does not make clean contact on a sensor and all of a sudden it is like being in a kindergarten with a bunch of twirling children. As with everything else, it can be ruined by the players but, paintball is a lot harder to ruin.
That'd be something fun to see on a paintball field. People twirling... That just means you get shot in the back. :lol:

Laser tag is fun, but I'm parroting everyone else here - it lacks things that make paintball intense. Being stuck behind a tree that barely covers you sideways as a squad of angry opfor pounds rounds into it. The spray of bark (I mean, paint... :lol: ) flying all around you as the cacophonous choir of markers firing plays on and the angry orbs of paint scream past your face... Yeah. :? 8)

I don't think it'll ever replace Milsim paintball. But if the gear improved, prices dropped, and you had a good, honorable group to play with... it'd be a fun diversion every once in a while. :)

"I am the greatest that humanity has to offer, and the lowest." - Fatman
Gix's SO wrote:
Don't explode the Internet!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:58 am 
WO 1

Just another form of laser tag. Like most technologies trying to mimic other technologies there are dozens of technical issues that get increasingly expensive to overcome to make the experience suitable to the end user. The only markets where it will make inroads are those where restrictive gun laws make paintball (legally) difficult.

The only real competition that has come along for paintball in 20 years has been airsoft. The only reasons airsoft exist is that 1) the ammo is cheap 2) the paintball establishment spent a decade telling their core players (i.e woodsballers) that they did not want them, and 3) they have done a much better job than paintball in demanding honesty, integrity, and sportsmanship from their players.