MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post subject: magfed aweaome
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 pm 
Generals

The current crop of magfed markers are pretty awesome. Which one is the whole package and why

Post subject: Re: magfed aweaome
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 pm 
Colonel

This answer will vary depending on the persons roll and personal preference. I have completely changed the way I play a few years back. I use to lay on the trigger but now I am more of a marksman. Last year I shot 25% paintballs and 75% FSR. By slowing down, using tactics and picking my shots I have found I shoot way less and my kills went up significantly. That being said I think a marker that is FS ready is the way to go.

If you already have a FS ready TPX getting a FXR kit I think is the way to go. If you want to pistol play you can, if you want to switch up to a carbine you can in just a few minutes. It's a good way to get into both roles under a budget.

Another marker that interests me is Milsigs new M17. You got the HEAT core, mech FA, and it's FS ready. You can cover a few different roles with this marker. Throw on a boxmag and you can be a heavy gunner. Throw in a mag of FS rounds and your a marksman.

Tippmans new mag fed marker is also FS ready and takes the same mags as a TPX. If you already own a TPX this may be what you want as you can save money on mags. Only problem is it doesn't fit the role of a heavy gunner.

My personal opinion as of right now I would say Milsigs M17 as it fits many different roles. But like I said I think it all depends on your roll and personal preference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:33 am 
E-5  SGT

Now this is a hard one for me because I've seen plenty and I want them all to a point.

The Milsig M17 is a definite for my list because of it's full auto right out of the box and it's ability to use commercial, milspec, or maybe even airsoft grade AR15 parts.

The TGR2 would also be a nice one because I'm a left handed shooter and most guns are not really friendly to those of us that are south paws. I love how it's got ambi mag releases and I also think that the safety is ambi.

The 468 is also an interesting choice but I'm not sure considering the reputation of RAP4. I tried their soft goods and those were good, so I think I'll give their markers a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm 
Generals

The TGR2 is a nice looking gun but I do give the nod to the M17 with its mech FA

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:26 pm 
E-1 Private

Thank you for theĀ informativeĀ posts.