Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post subject: by Grandesso Federico
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm 
E-8 1SG

by Grandesso Federico

CANNES nike air force 1 high sale , France, May 18 (Xinhua) -- "This is a story of people who accept the reality and they grow as a human," Japanese movie director Hirokazu Koreeda told Xinhua presenting his movie Our Little Sister.

Our Little Sister, which was well received in Cannes, tells the story of three sisters getting to know their young half-sibling after their father's funeral. It portrays a gentle reunion of four sisters having to face their difficult role in the family.

"All people staying in the city they accept their fate and they don't fight against it, the inhabitants staying in that seaside town watch over everything nike air force 1 low womens sale ," said Koreeda during an interview with Xinhua at the ongoing 68th Cannes Film Festival.

Koreeda said acceptance is one general element of the film as the older sister accepts the father and mother as they are, as does the younger sister.

"I'm very interested in how western people will accept the story because the philosophy is quite different. Maybe we (Asians) are shy because we accept our fate," he said.

Koreeda received the Prix du Jury at the 2013 Cannes International Film Festival for his movie "Like Father, Like Son." He also won the Golden Osella for the Best Director in 1995 during the Venice Film Festival with his movie Maborosi.

Asked if the film featured stories from his own life, Koreeda said: "I have two older sisters but I didn't reflect my family's case. I picked up the story of three real Japanese sisters. We researched how they shared food, clothes nike air force 1 low mens sale , took the bus etc and we kept up details."

Chun-Chiang Huang (C) of Chinese Taipei spike the ball during the match against Qatar at the 18th Asian Men's Volleyball Championship at Azadi Stadium in Tehran, Iran, on Aug. 6, 2015. Qatar won 3-1. (XinhuaAhmad Halabisaz) Players of Qatar celebrate scoring during the match against Chinese Taipei at the 18th Asian Men's Volleyball Championship at Azadi Stadium in Tehran, Iran, on Aug. 6 nike air force 1 low sale , 2015. Qatar won 3-1. (XinhuaAhmad Halabisaz) Ratrnt Waddie (R) of Qatar spike the ball during the match against Chinese Taipei at the 18th Asian Men's Volleyball Championship at Azadi Stadium in Tehran, Iran, on Aug. 6, 2015. Qatar won 3-1. (XinhuaAhmad Halabisaz)

KANDAL, Cambodia, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- A horse race event was held here on Sunday with the aim of promoting equestrian sports and attracting tourists to this southern province nike air force 1 deconstruct sale , an organizer said.

Some 77 horses were registered for a 1.2-km race along a dirt track, which was flanked by about 3,000 visitors, said Srey Chanthou, owner of the SCT Sport Complex.

"This is the first time we organize the races," he said. "It is aimed to encourage people to raise horses and to promote the sports of horse riding."

Horse rider Ly Sovanchannara nike air force 1 premium sale , 22, said the event will hopefully promote sports and attract tourists to the province.

"Such event will contribute to developing equestrian sports as Cambodia is scheduled to host the SEA Games in 2023," he said.

Amateur horse rider Chhorm Chhum, 37, said his participation was for fun only, not for championship.

"My horse is used to transport farming products every day and when this event was announced nike air force 1 07 sale , I joined the contest for pleasure only," he said.

A shopper walks past a Qiaodan Sportswear retail shop in Beijing on Thursday. Photo: AP

China's top court on Thursday ruled that three trademarks registered by Fujian-based Qiaodan Sportswear have violated basketball legend Michael Jordan's rights.

The Supreme People's Court (SPC) on Thursday overturned two decisions made by Beijing courts and asked the State Administration for Industry and Commerce to issue a ruling on the disputed trademarks.

Jordan is known as "Qiaodan" in Chinese.

"I am happy that the Supreme People's Court has recognized the right to protect my name through its ruling in the trademark cases," Jordan said in an e-mailed statement cited by Bloomberg. "Chinese consumers deserve to know that Qiaodan Sports and its products have no connection to me."

Qiaodan Sportswear, however, said the ruling would not interfere with the company's operations. Of the 68 disputed trademarks the company has filed, the SPC has ruled in favor of the firm in 50 of them.

The company told that the three trademarks are defensive trademarks and therefore would not stop the company from using the Chinese characters "Qiaodan" in its products or advertisements.

A defensive trademark is applied by a well-known trademark owner for goods or services that are not intended to be used , to prevent other traders from using it.

The company also said it plans to go public, the 21st Century Business Herald reported.

Rare victory

Although Jordan's court victory has limited impact, the ruling is rare for foreign brands in China, where companies, including Apple and New Balance, have often come out on the losing end of trademark disputes.

"Because a trademark is an integral part of intellectual rights nike air force 1 shoes sale , the SPC decision will serve as a good example, proving that China will protect every company's or individual's intellectual property rights (IPR) in accordance with Chinese laws," Xu Xinming, a Beijing-based lawyer specializing in IPR told the Global Times.

Jordan accused Qiaodan Sportswear of using his name without authorization, as he believes "Qiaodan" to be a Chinese transliteration of "Jordan," but the Trademark Appraisal Committee rejected Jordan's 2012 appeal in 2014 to cancel the company's trademarks.

After the Beijing No.1 Intermediate People's Court ruled against him in 2014 nike air force 1 sale , he appealed to the Beijing High People's Court, which also rejected his claim in July 2015.

Last month, China released a State-level guideline on providing better protection for property rights, stressing the need to intensify IPR prot. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Replica Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Basketball Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys China Cheap NHL Hockey Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China