MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post subject: Tiberius 9 Holster - Tornado
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 pm 
E-7 SFC

After perusing the board trying to find some info, I decided I should just post.

I've got a specific holster to ask about. Take a look at this holster. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on whether it works well. My Ariakon Overlord holster just doesn't do what I want it to for my T9.

Everyone is having tons of sales for Independence Day, so I figured I might as well take advantage of that.

Thanks for the help!

"I am the greatest that humanity has to offer, and the lowest." - Fatman
Gix's SO wrote:
Don't explode the Internet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 pm 
Colonel

I have the same holster that I used for my sig226. Its a great holster. you can form it to fit just about any gun. the sides are held in place by felcro and are adjustable. the top is the same way. Its a great holster. If I get time I will post more detailed pics. Let me know if you need specific measurements. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:28 pm 
Colonel

some detailed pics on the holster. Another thing to note is the non slip leg straps wich are great!!

right side folds open, held in place by felcro

then the left side folds open, also held in place by felcro

finally the inside right folds open.

Picture of the back

the top streap (to hold your gun in the holster) has felcro or a buttn snap. you can use either one. with the folding sides its 100% customizable to fit almost any gun. it holds my 226 securely in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:10 pm 
E-7 SFC

Yeah it works. Its a great holster, I have it for my T9 (pistol form of course). You have to extend the top strap pretty far, but it will work. Don't order from them though, they suck with shipping. Use Opsgear or eBay.

TechT Cyclone Upgrades (All 4)
JCS Red Hot Powertube & Superfly Bolt
M203 shroud & 6 position stock
Response trigger
L3 EOTech 512 AA series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:13 pm 
E-7 SFC

Slick, those are some awesome pictures! As far as measurements, Wake answered my question of it fitting, but thank you for the offer!

Wake, thanks for your response as well! Truthfully I think my local surplus store (popular with police and soldiers as I've seen many of both professions in there,) has one. If the price isn't outrageous, (Some of their stuff is awesomely priced, while other things are ridiculously inflated,) I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I plan on paintballing next week and don't want to deal with not having a good holster when I go.

Thanks for the very fast, and very detailed, informative responses! You guys are life (and money) savers.

... Since I've got your attention... :P Do either of you use a dump pouch? If so, what kind is it? Thanks again.

Gix's SO wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:27 pm 
WO 1

EmperorGix wrote:
Slick, those are some awesome pictures! As far as measurements, Wake answered my question of it fitting, but thank you for the offer!

Wake, thanks for your response as well! Truthfully I think my local surplus store (popular with police and soldiers as I've seen many of both professions in there,) has one. If the price isn't outrageous, (Some of their stuff is awesomely priced, while other things are ridiculously inflated,) I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I plan on paintballing next week and don't want to deal with not having a good holster when I go.

Thanks for the very fast, and very detailed, informative responses! You guys are life (and money) savers.

... Since I've got your attention... :P Do either of you use a dump pouch? If so, what kind is it? Thanks again.

I sell both of these, depends on how big you want, both are great quality, Windwalker & SRTsniper both have the first one.
That holster will fit pretty much anything, it is the only holster I carry right now in the shop.
http://www.tacticalreplicas.com/molle-a ... pouch.html
http://www.tacticalreplicas.com/trifodupo.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:23 pm 
E-7 SFC

Ah! Thanks Medic. I was wanting to know what other folks were using, and you gave me what I needed. Just can't decide whether I want it to fold or not.

I recently got a new vest and if a pouch it has doesn't work out when I'm playing (hopefully next weekend,) then I'm gonna have to see you about one of them pouches.

... When I get my Milsig, I'll really want one of those pouches. By the gods, by the end of this year, I'll have my Milsig! :lol:

This forum is great!

Gix's SO wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:07 pm 
E-7 SFC

As soon as my boss gets my pay fixed, I'll be buying the LMAV from Full Clip. They have a very nice expanding dump pouch that is MOLLE and Multicam. Apparently, the size is very convenient. It was in a magazine lately, maybe Paintball Sports.

TechT Cyclone Upgrades (All 4)
JCS Red Hot Powertube & Superfly Bolt
M203 shroud & 6 position stock
Response trigger
L3 EOTech 512 AA series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:20 pm 
Colonel

I run with the tri fold. It attaches to my STU belt. one good thing about it attaching it to my belt is it frees up molle straps for other pouches on my vest. The tri fold is nice and can be quickly unfolded. It will hold 8 mags and has an elastic draw string to hold your mags in securely. the open top is nice and makes dumping mags fast. I'm very happy with my dump pouch and would reccomend it to anyone.

Post subject: Re: Tiberius 9 Holster - Tornado
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 pm 
E-1 Private

Might I suggest a holster that is made specifically for the T8 and T9? Warcowboy from Skunkworks Paintball created a new Kydex holster that works great, is stable and damn near in-destructable - Take a look.

More images and and even a review can be found here
http://forums.tiberiusarms.com/showthread.php?t=1438

I've worn mine all day, during a 24hr game and I almost forgot I had it on. It doesn't move/shift and fits my T9 perfectly. The straps bear the weight of the T9 very well - so well that you can forget that you even have a hefty T9 on your leg. I can even adjust the retention strength of the holster by adding retention bands that came with it. Can't wait to order another one so I can dual carry both my T8 & T9 a la Lara Croft. Great alternative to cloth holsters. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Lowlight on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 pm 
E-7 SFC

Very cool. Maybe I should change the name of this thread to "T9 Holsters - show 'em if ya got 'em." :lol: (Most) People love options.

Gix's SO wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 am 
E-1 Private

WarCowboy doing his Lara Croft impersonation, with 3 T9 Holsters!!!