MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post subject: Zeus G2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:24 pm 
E-1 Private

I'm thinking of picking one of these up until my AK gets here, and then as secondary.. just incase. Or just to run around and have fun with a "light" gun.

I have a couple of questions tho:

I don't really want to use the Co2 capsules, so I'm thinking of using a remote line for it. Is that a good/bad idea?

Anything I should be weary of it?
Also, what would be a good price for a stock gun (no accessories)?

Post subject: Re: Zeus G2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:15 am 
E-7 SFC

Never used one myself, but as far as price, i've seen one in shops here in Toronto for $160, and canadapaintball offers it for $149.99, you may want to check ebay, but all i've seen there is $149.99 as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 pm 
Colonel

I have never used one either. But from what I have read, they are a really nice and reliable pistol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:36 pm 
E-1 Private

Well, I picked one up for $60, and it's pretty decent. It's missing the barrel tho, so accuracy is a bit lacking, but I'm gonna chop my buddy's A-5 barrel and stick it in there.

Considering getting the bottom line and hopper kit, and turning it into a sleek deadly little SMG type marker :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:49 pm 
E-1 Private

I had one and liked it, it is very nose heavy and pretty accurate. I made a remote line for mine but used 12 grams for the most part. I also put a fill hole in clip (I only had one clip)....it is a hole just in front of plunger when it is in the load position (spring compressed). It made reloading fast and is fairly efficient at around 32 shots on a 12 gram. I used it as a primary for for a few games and Loved pistol play but it was just a little too nose heavy and I needed to reload faster.
So I sold it and got the TAC-8 and have never looked back! It is worth the extra $ for me since I use it as a primary all the time, I love changing out clips (I have 5) and making those one shot kills!! It allows aftermarket barrels (Zues G2 has a fixed barrel) and it is perfectly balanced so I can snap a shot off better.

If $230 is just too much and it won't be a primary then the zues g2 served me well and never broke paint. My best game with my Zues was playing an Alamo game and I was defending. When the attackers saw I was guarding my own section I was put under heavy fire...I held that flank for the full 20 minutes making several kills and only used 76 balls to do it?! We all were amazed at how well I did with 10 rounds at a time and the heavy fire I was under...that is what sold me on pistol play and I pretty much only play with my tac-8 now no matter who I am playing against.

I hope that helps.
Vinny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:14 pm 
E-1 Private

Yeah, it's pretty damn sweet, and I'm thinking of the remote line and quickload mod.

Right now tho I got another problem. I was using some smaller paint, and noticed that it was double-triple loading sometimes. Once it ran a whole mag right out through the barrel. Why? No ball detent!

So, does anyone know where I can pick up a ball detent for the zeus?