MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Share Topic:
 Post subject: Vasectomy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
Generals

To those of you that are thinking about whether or not you should do this for your significant other give it some serious thought. I got back from mine about 3 hours ago and I can tell you it wasn't fun. I heard the horror stories from guys who knew somone who knew someone that had a rough experience or those that said it was nothing. I went in thinking it would be nothing but prepared for something. Nothing could prepare you for something like this. Think of someone grabbing you by the twins and pulling on them over and over like they want to tuck them into your shoes. Every now and then throw in a good squeeze for good measure. The pain, even with the freezing, was more than I've experienced in a long time. Now I sit here on the couch with an ice pack in my pants still feeling like someone is grabbing them every now and then and giving them a good squeeze to make sure they are still there. It hurts more than I thought it would but I guess I'll survive.
Should you guys think this is something you want to do go for it but go in knowing that YES it does hurt no matter what anyone tells you.
At least I have the weekend to just sit here and do nothing but surf the web and play Xbox!!
James

Post subject: Re: Vasectomy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:04 pm 
Colonel

....my boys hurt just thinking of that now... :(

Ill have to let my brother know of your experience, as his wife is trying to encourage him to get his boys choked off after she squeezes the right amount of kids out of him...what a shame! :?

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.scenariosupply.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:08 pm 
WO 1

Yeah compound that with testicular torsion, being put under for the operation to. Frozen peas work nicely.

I feel your Pain brother :eek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 pm 
E-1 Private

Sgt Savage,

I'm sorry man, but that is one of the funniest posts I have read in a long, long time...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:55 pm 
Generals

I'm lucky, my wife had the plumbing turned off after our 4th child, so i escaped the executioners block.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:18 pm 
E-8 1SG

um, ya, thanks for sharing.... :?

http://www.ironmikesmx.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 pm 
Colonel

I too, get to go from live ammo fire to blanks. My date with the block is 1-12-09.....yeah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:03 pm 
Colonel

Oh man! I have heard many horror stories ... all from first hand experiences. Thank heavens my wife went under the knife to save me! You are more of man than I am, James!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:11 pm 
E-5  SGT

SGTSavage wrote:
To those of you that are thinking...
Ummm...No!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm 
E-7 SFC

Some people like that sensation, so... I guess it depends who you asked.

Cue the elevator music.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 pm 
E-6 SSG

SRTsniper wrote:
I'm lucky, my wife had the plumbing turned off after our 4th child, so i escaped the executioners block.

Yeah, same here but unfortunately its made that time of the month worse pain wise for my wife.

My brother in law said a bag of frozen peas is key and dont screw around and try activity b4 the doc says as you can really hurt yerself.

"Not as mean, not as lean but still a Marine"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 am 
Lieutenants

Guys, just remind your wives that one day she may wish to devorce you and then she'd be in a situation where she could get pregnant again. So, if she doesnt want to have to worry about additional kids, its in her best intrest to get herself fixed instead of you. That is just pure logic there.

If she refuses, prove to her that she may indeed get divorced.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:28 am 
E-6 SSG

Well guys i read this in interest. I had mine done a good 10 years ago. I had to attend a local doctors surgery in the darkest depths of Cornwall. Having been made to feel at ease by the operation doctor ( a surgeon he was not) i made my way to the procedure room. Here i was told to undress from the waist down and lay on the bed. The usual green blanket with the hole revealing the about to be butchered area was placed. So here i was laying, with my goods on display, when a wrinkly old nurse came in and preceeded to make small talk. Now dont get me wrong, i like to chat with the fairer sex at the best of times but this was certainly different, i struggled to find a common subject to take my mind off what was about to happen. The doc came back in and then, without warning jabbed me in nuts with anesthetic, thanks for the warning fella!!!! So as we waited for it to take effect, the doc sharpened his knife and went straight in. I must admit that the sensation was a little strange. As he pulled on the tubes to free them up to be cut, it was like someone pulling on your guts from the inside, not painful per se, but strange and not too comfortable. He informed me that he had cut one tube and tied the ends off, he then got another piece of torture equipment out, The cauteriser. So with an electronic beep and a smell of burning meat, the ends were sealed.
I lay there thinking, 'well that wasnt too bad', when he stated that he had the other side to do, other side???? So as he rummaged around and pulled that tube free, i thought that it felt a little different. The sensation was certainly more pronounced, as he cut, i winced in pain, Damn that hurt!!!!
The doc was oblivious to my pain, and i think the nurse was doing her nails, or some knitting, as she certainly had stopped talking to me and was preoccupied with something else. I mentioned that i felt that, but the doc beavered away, obviously not listening. Then to my shock and horror, several other doctors came into the room and started to chat about the weekend and what they were going to do, i was obviously having my procedure in their rest room. The doc then went to cauterise the ends of the cut tubes, I think he managed to get one done when i bounced off the table and threatened to tear him a new a##hole!!! That was the most excruciating pain i have ever felt in my life. In his fear he reinjected me with enough anesthetic to put a bull elephant out of action for a week. He then finished cauterising the end, and announced that his work there was done. WHAT!!!!! are you not gonna stitch up the hole i asked, he stated that was all old hat now and they leave it open should it get infected it allows the pus to seep out. So with a bit of gauze covering the hole i was unceremoniuosly kicked out, as they all wanted to go home. The 30 mile journey home, through the cornish country lanes was not the most comfortable. I got home and reached for the bag of frozen peas, AHHHHH!!!! Blisss!!!!!!!
A few days later i looked down to see what had been done and OH MY GOD!!!!! i was black and blue, the bruising was intense, and true to form it had got infected, even with my surgical cleanliness regime. So the with with a few q tips and antiseptic played nurse, i hope she was grateful for all the pain i was going through. About a week or two later i was back to normal, and back teaching Aikido to my students.
I must admit, even with all the pain and suffering that i went through, and what was a bit of a horror story, it has been one of the best things i have ever done. I have three kids and that is all i want, if i were to do it all again would i, you damn right i would. So hang in there guys, yes it is painful, but you will reap the rewards in the long run, i can assure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:51 am 
E-6 SSG

omg i think i just lost my left nut

A-5
Ariakon SIM-5
98 custom (2)
T8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:32 pm 
E-2  PFC

I say if she wants you to do it, she should get it done. Whoever wants the surgery should get it not impose it on the other.

And yes I am married, and yes she is getting it done.