MilSimEmpire.com Default Font Increase Font Increase Font

All times are UTC - 5 hours  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Share Topic:

What ethnicity are you?
White/Caucasians 76%  76%  [ 29 ]
Black/African 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Asian 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Middle Eastern 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Latino/Hispanic 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Pacific Islander 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Indigenous 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Other (please post) 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 38
 Post subject: What ethnicity are you?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:11 pm 
E-7 SFC

Hi everyone, just interested about everyone's ethnicity. Because paintball is becoming a more and more diverse sport. Choose what you are in the poll. Remember this is ETHNCITY not NATIONALITY.

Anyway, I chose Asian and White. To be more technical about my ethnicity I'm Eurasian. I am a mix of Vietnamese, French, and Italian. I chose Asian because my mother and father are both Vietnamese, but my dad is also part French and Italian (Colonial/Imperialism = fun times :P ).

ImageImageImage
======================
Poll Notes:

***Philippines is part of South East Asia, just like how Japan is part of Asia even though its a island on the Pacific.

***If your of mixed ethnicity, choose what you are of. You can pick multiple choices.

(let me know if I should add more)

Last edited by HaloStrike on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What ethnicity are you?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:50 pm 
Warrant Officer

I agree with you, there are more and more diverse people playing paintball! some friends and I even got our church group (comprised of mostly asians but also white and blacks) to play...but yea its great to see a variety of people playing! Oh! btw im asian along with Halo =D

"The test of success is not what you do when your on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - [General George S. Patton, Jr]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:17 pm 
E-7 SFC

The field I go to is mainly whites and Filipinos but occasionally latino and blacks. Its great to see the paintball field become more diverse.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:15 pm 
E-4 Corporal

the APS community has a very large Chinese population in fact one of the clubs is basically a Chinese club only (although other nationalities are not excluded) we have a large amount of Maoris that play (make damn good soldiers) as for my self German Scottish ancestry my early ancestors’ came form Germany around 1830 and changed their names at the out break of WW1 apparently it was not popular to have German name in England around 1915, then my parents came out to NZ in the 60.s…and so here I am….

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:19 am 
E-7 SFC

Hahaha, I had to google Maoris.

Theres quite a large populatiuon of Polynesians, but I never really seem them playing paintball.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:53 am 
E-4 Corporal

HaloStrike wrote:
Hahaha, I had to google Maoris.

Theres quite a large populatiuon of Polynesians, but I never really seem them playing paintball.

yeah bro we have more PI's here than in Samoa and Tonga put together, we have 2 Tongan guy's on our team but yeah over all you dont see many playing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:00 am 
E-7 SFC

Damn thats alot of people! I guess theres no more room on those small islands =P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:08 am 
E-7 SFC

Just your average uptight, rhythmless whiteboy.... Mostly Lithuanian and Polish heritage, though my mom's side is Czechoslovak and Russian as well...

Ps- May want to change "Latin American" to "Latin" or "Hispanic" seeing as if you're from Spain you're not latin "american".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:29 pm 
E-4 Corporal

I have European ancestry- Greek, German, English

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:42 pm 
E-5  SGT

This is an interesting topic as I have never really noticed a specific ethnicity's drive to paintball as compared to the paintball community as a whole. I think that if we really looked at the percentages, we would find that statistically the same amount of people participate from all the different ethnic groups as participate in any leisure sporting event. I classify it that way primarily due to the fact that some ethnic groups are shown to have a statistically low participation rate in general due to the parental pressures on appropriate activities.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:02 pm 
E-7 SFC

My skin is peachy-ish( :? :lol: except where my clothes/watch are, then I'm white... :cry: Unless I'm bruised, then I'm blue. Or when I'm really hot or embarrassed - then I'm red-ish!). My hair is a (slightly wavy when humid or mostly-straight when in a dry climate,) red-soaked chestnut, and my eyes are hazel (but sometimes heavily green-tinged, often with a yellow ring in the iris.) ... I'm pretty sure I'm some sort of government-experiment freak but most (sane) people would say I'm 'White/Caucasian.'

I think KnightCat hit it spot on, though we can't be sure without appropriate polling and surveying. Participation-wise, I think the numbers would be pretty equal across the ethnicity range. But WHY does paintball appeal to (mostly) males? A question for another time, maybe.

Where I play, it's a lot of white males and one freak male. :lol:

Very cool poll, Halo. :)

"I am the greatest that humanity has to offer, and the lowest." - Fatman
Gix's SO wrote:
Don't explode the Internet!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:47 pm 
E-5  SGT

I believe that paintball appeals mainly to males due to a failure to market it to females. We had a few females play with us back home but, to get them to come play we had to appeal to their point of view. Come teach your boyfriend a lesson! The majority of females think that it will hurt or just are not into war games. Most I would guess fall into the latter and those who do not and have not played would likely fall into the former.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:01 am 
E-6 SSG

im a bit of a mish mash, mothers side is mainly Irish descent, with a bit of London cockney thrown in for good measure. My fathers side is Scottish with a large dose of Blackfoot tribe native american. Probably explains my love for the great outdoors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:44 am 
Generals

Totally Dutch - Canadian. Dag Eh!!
James

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:18 pm 
Generals

I am a mutt :) Scot/Irish, English and Cherokee. If you trace the Taylor name back far enough it is Italian ;)

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε